Refiling a Bond
Refiling a bond is needed if the information provided by the importer or consignee, such as your Importer ID (SSN Number or Tax ID, EIN, IRS Number, or CAN Number), driver's license, address, and so on, is deceptive, incomplete, or inaccurate by one digit or letter. These are some reasons for refiling a bond.
Refiling Bond Fees
Each refiling Entry (Customs Clearing fees and US Customs fees for all shipments):
- Application for refiling entry ($150)
- service fee (any port in the United States) = $60
- US Customs Duty/Tax = (If APPLICABLE) HTC/HTS/Harmonized-Tariff-Code (after second HTC/Supplier) or call/email US Customs Import Specialist Team (government/our fees).
- Harbor Maintenance Fee (HMF) (.001250 X invoice amount) (only for sea shipments)
- Merchandise Processing Fee (MPF) (.003464 X invoice amount) (minimum $25, maximum $485).
- If required by FDA, EPA/DOT, USDA, FWS, or others.
- If x-ray inspection/intense examination/VACIS/IBET/CET/A-TCET and others: $40 exam document processing + $45 messenger submission (Government/Our Fees)
- Service Agreement (if applicable) and Single Entry Bond Fees (if applicable) Subject-to Single Entry Bond fees (if any)/Continuous Import Bond (if any) (US Customs Requirement)
- If you have your own continuous bond or single entry bond, please email us a copy of the bond before your entry is filed with US Customs.
- After Customs Clearing is done & paid (check or wire only): To pickup your own shipment, you need to set up trucking, talk to your US freight forwarder, and find a warehouse or port.
Please pay all your vendors directly (asap) to avoid $30. Fees for Reimbursement service + overnight fees. If an entry must be resubmitted.
- The above is only for LCL shipments. If your shipment is a FULL container and goes by air, you will have to pay (Entry Filing $199 + Service fee $120 + above #3-11).