Importer Security Filing Form
(Let's get started)
Key to file ISF is to submit / file, even if your data is incomplete, you must file 48 hours (we recommend 72 hours) before your shipment could be load onto freight vessel. You can always make the corrections and resubmit your ISF filing, 72 hours before your cargo arrives into US Port.
11 Types of Coded Transactions
CBP has programmed its system to accept 10 different ISF Transaction types. More types will be added as needed (e.g., Type 10 for OCS shipments).
All importer are bound to incoterms (pre-arranged before leaving foreign port by your supplier or shipper). To understand why importer must pay, before or after or during shipping, you must review incoterms and contact the issuer of bill of lading (BL).
As importer, there are 10 party involved with 9 Vendor Payments or more:
- Your factory/supplier payments.
- Bill of Lading (aka: Bill of Sale) Your foreign forwarder/ trucking/ warehouse/customs/terminal/exam payment.
- Cargo Insurance/maritime law / all risk / total lost.
- Freight forwarder AKA: Arrival Notice/ Unloading from vessel and moving it to warehouse/port fee.
- U.S. Exam Site fees.
- CFS warehouse fees/LCL SEA shipment or Sea Terminal Port payment/Full Container.
- Domestic trucking arrangement payment or pickup your shipment by yourself)
- ISF Filing Customs Agent fee. (Sea shipping only)
- US Customs Clearing fee.
- Contact Name, Full Address, Mobile Number and Email Address
- Photo copy of Driver's License, receiver of shipment
- Final Destination Location (Business or Residential)?
- Do you need a Lift gate truck to load or unload shipments?
- Hand pallet to load or unload shipments?
- Business with loading dock or unloading dock?